10 minutes of ring dip practice
10 minutes of hollow rock practice
8 minute AMRAP of:
7 OHS 115/75#
21 KBS 24/16kg
CrossFit Kettlebell Trainers Course at CrossFit Suffolk, July13 & 14th 2013. For more details and registration check here. It is rare for one of the CrossFit Specialty Courses to be offered on Long Island. It is rare for one of the top-tier kettlebell coaches in the world, Jeff Martone, to present on Long Island!
More about Jeff:
Founder and CEO of Tactical Athlete Training Systems, Inc., is considered a pioneer and one of the “founding fathers” of the modern kettlebell movement in the United States.
– First to implement kettlebell program into a federal law enforcement academy, 2001.
– Achieved Rank “Master of Sport” in Long Cycle event, March 2012.
– 2x North American Record Holder in Long Cycle
– Kettlebell Sport Lifting Coach, IKSFA, St. Petersburg, Russia, 2010 and 2011
– Creator of CrossFit Kettlebell Trainers Course (Basic and Advanced)
– Kettlebell SME (subject matter expert) for CrossFit 2006-present
– Senior Instructor for the RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge), 2001-2005
– Creator of H2H Kettlebell Drills (i.e. kettlebell juggling), 2002
– CrossFit Level I & II Coach, 2004, 2006
|Jeff Martone doing a Turkish Get-Up with Samuel Braga, the 6-Time World Champion in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.|
– Creator of S.H.O.T. (Super High Output Training), 2006
– American Kettlebell Club Coach, 2006
– Presenter at national and international conferences, seminars and workshops.
– Clients include multiple federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies, special operations personnel, and professional athletes, including top MMA coaches and fighters.
Jeff served seventeen years as a full-time defensive tactics, firearms, and special response team instructor, providing low profile operator development training for the Nuclear National Security Administration (NNSA).
Jeff is a life-long Martial artist and former amateur boxer.