WHY WOMEN SHOULD TRAIN HARDER THAN MEN “And let’s give credit where credit is due. CrossFit has been an enormous catalyst in the recent rise of female strength around world.“—Charles Staley
WHY CROSSFIT GIRLS ARE STRONGER THAN YOU “Three decades ago, the only place you could see a six-pack on a woman was at a bodybuilding competition. Today, it’s commonplace, and this is mostly due to CrossFit.“—Charles Staley
Workout of the Day
1X3 @ 65% 1RM
1X3 @ 70%
1X3 @ 75%
1X3 @ 80%
1X2 @ 85%
30 Chest-to-bar pull-ups
20 Overhead Squats, 155/105
15 Chest-to-bar pull-ups
10 Overhead Squats, 155/105
Farmer’s Walk: 60 seconds, 45 seconds, 30 seconds with the heaviest implements you can carry in each hand.
Post your scores to.
UPCOMING EVENTS AND THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- TOMORROW, November 18th, we are hosting the CrossFit Kettlebell Course. The Course is going from 8 am – 5:30 pm. ALL REGULAR SESSIONS HAVE BEEN CANCELED FOR SATURDAY. We have scheduled a CrossFit session at 6-7 pm. If you are interested there is a sign-up. Please let us know.
- We are taking donations for care packages for 2 of our members serving overseas in the military. We will be sending the packages in the beginning of December. There is a table set up in the gym for placing the items you donate. Items needed include Protein powder, protein bars, non-perishable snacks, and chewing gum. What questions do you have?
- Some of our athletes are competing on Sunday, November 19th at CrossFit Pace Performance in Babylon. For more information and to see the workouts click HERE.
- On November 30th THE 2017 CROSSFIT LIFTOFF begins. The CrossFit Liftoff is a competition brought to us by CrossFit HQ and Rogue. The Liftoff consists of performing the Olympic Lifts for a one-rep max and performing one “GPP” or General Physical Preparedness workout (a CrossFit-type metcon). Like the CrossFit Open, you register online and record your scores online. You can do the Liftoff in your gym. Unlike every other CrossFit competition, the Liftoff has weight classes. Click HERE for further info or to register.
- On Saturday, December 2nd at 1:30 pm we are having an hour-long seminar on Handstands and Handstand Walking. The instructor for this seminar is our good friend, Andre LeRouge from Fusion MMA & Kickboxing. Andre began his competitive gymnastics training at 6 years old and has competed on a USA national level. Andre was a Southern Connecticut State University gymnast for 5 years. Andre recently participated in Circus Conditioning hand balancing training and is a competitive martial artist. Prerequisite: You have to be confident with being upside down and you have to be able to do a handstand hold against the wall. The focus of the seminar will be on handstand WALKING. Let us know if you are interested.
- Also on Saturday, December 2nd is the ARNOLDS AND ACROBATS II competition at CrossFit Cobalt in West Babylon. Team competition where one partner does strength and the other partner does bodyweight movement. So far we have 2 athletes doing this competition. For more information click HERE.
The CROSSFIT SPECIALTY COURSE: KETTLEBELL will be held in CrossFit Suffolk TOMORROW November 18th, 2017. The course is a full day, certified course. The instructor for the course is what makes investing the time and money worthwhile: Jeff Martone.
There are many kettlebell instructors but none have the experience that Jeff brings to the table. Jeff is not only one of the “Founding Fathers” of the modern kettlebell movement in the United States, but is a CrossFit Level 2 and is the Kettlebell Subject Matter Expert for CrossFit. He is intimately familiar with what a CrossFit athlete needs and has worked with numerous CrossFit athletes of all levels. Jeff trains tactical athletes, members of the law enforcement and military communities, as well as professional athletes to include top mixed martial arts coaches and fighters. Jeff spent 5 years as a senior instructor for the RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge) and has written the most comprehensive book on the subject of kettlebells, Kettlebell RX: The Complete Guide For Athletes and Coaches.
Jeff is a kettlebell-sport athlete and is a two-time North American record holder in the Long Cycle (double kettlebell clean and jerk as many times as possible with 24 kg. kettlebells for a 10 minute period where you are not allowed to put the kettlebells down.)
Whether your goals include better kettlebell technique for fitness or for the sport you will not find a better instructor than Jeff. CrossFit could have picked among dozens of kettlebell instructors in the United States, but they chose Jeff as their Subject Matter Expert. There is a good reason for this. Jeff is passionate about coaching and is passionate about kettlebell training. Jeff has an in-depth understanding of adult learning and teaching that translates to him breaking down the kettlebell techniques in a way that they are easily understood, quickly learned and simple to retain. This course is “a potent, action-packed one-day training-intensive experience for coaches and athletes. The curriculum is dense and designed to accelerate your ability to learn, apply and master essential kettlebell skills and drills. Participants will glean training insights that will add effective variance to their current CrossFit programming, and they will learn to move more efficiently, effectively and purposely, resulting in better performance, overall endurance, and power output.”
This course is not offered in the Northeast all that often. Take advantage and sign up to spend an entire day learning from one of the best kettlebell coaches in the world!