SPARTAN PERFORMANCE CROSSFIT SUFFOLK
Eight rounds for time of:
15 Jumping alternating lunges
25 yard Shuttle sprint (5 x 5 yards)
Rest 90 seconds
WOD Demo with CrossFit Rocks by Again Faster Equipment – video [wmv] [mov](Courtesy of CrossFit.com)
John Gaglione, in an article from TNation.com, describes, in great detail, the following principles for a better squat:
- Squat as deep as you can without losing your arch.
- Sit back and force your knees out to maintain solid position and keep your knees healthy.
- Use special exercises and single-leg work to help your strength and power out of the hole.
- Get your back extremely tight.
- Push your belly out!
- Hit your hamstrings from different angles to aid in overall leg development and squat performance.
Gaglione's article is full of videos demonstrating drills to improve the 6 "secrets" described above!
The below videos are dedicated to the potential athletes who tell me they can't train because they have a perceived physical limitation when, in fact, they have an unperceived mental limitation.
I am glad you liked the tips in the article! Thank you for sharing it out to your group as well. It is most appreciated! Good luck in your training.
PS I hold events and seminars at my gym every few months at my gym in Syosset if you ever want come check it out and connect. Thanks again and good luck!
Keep up the good work!
I’ll be in touch.