SPARTAN PERFORMANCE CROSSFIT SUFFOLK
Eight rounds for time of:
15 Jumping alternating lunges
25 yard Shuttle sprint (5 x 5 yards)
Rest 90 seconds
John Gaglione, in an article from TNation.com, describes, in great detail, the following principles for a better squat:
- Squat as deep as you can without losing your arch.
- Sit back and force your knees out to maintain solid position and keep your knees healthy.
- Use special exercises and single-leg work to help your strength and power out of the hole.
- Get your back extremely tight.
- Push your belly out!
- Hit your hamstrings from different angles to aid in overall leg development and squat performance.
Gaglione's article is full of videos demonstrating drills to improve the 6 "secrets" described above!
The below videos are dedicated to the potential athletes who tell me they can't train because they have a perceived physical limitation when, in fact, they have an unperceived mental limitation.