Workout of the Day
1X5 @ 75% 1RM
1X3 @ 85%
1X AMRAP @ 95%
NOTE: Use 90% of your 1-rep max as your 1-rep max to calculate your percentages.
Set a clock for 12 minutes and, with a 135/95-lb. barbell, complete:
1 minute of squat cleans
1 minute of push jerks
2 minutes of squat cleans
2 minutes of push jerks
3 minutes of squat cleans
3 minutes of push jerks
Hang from the pull-up bar (bottom position of pull-up) for as long as possible X 3.
Post your scores to.
After-The Holidays Party on Saturday, January 13th at 8 PM. There will be entertainment, games, food, and beverage. It’s a great time to relax and relate to fellow humans who have the same interests as you. The party will also serve as a celebration of CrossFit Suffolk’s 10TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY! That’s right, this month we will be at this thing of ours for 10 YEARS. As the first CrossFit in Suffolk County and celebrating our 10-year anniversary, we’d like to share the occasion with as many of you as possible. We hope to see you there! We’re still taking a list of attendees so if you’re not on it, but should be, please let us know. If you have questions let us know. Here are some questions that are frequently asked:
- Can I bring my husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other? Yes, bring them all. Get a sitter for children and pets.
- How should I dress? Wear clothes. Not gym clothes. Casual but neat attire works.
- Will there be a workout? No. Not during the party. Touching equipment or working out is completely forbidden during the party. No exceptions.
- Do we have to bring something? A dish to share is encouraged but not a requirement. If you have a special beverage you enjoy feel free to bring.
- I can’t make it on time can I come late? Yes. We’ve been having this party for the last 8 years. It has never ended before 2 AM.
- Where is it? In the gym. We magically transform the gym into a Great Hall of Celebration. We’ll even turn the heat on.
- Will there be tables and chairs? Yes. I don’t see why such things are necessary but not everyone thinks like me.
CROSSFIT STRIKING WORKSHOP Sunday, February 11th. 8 AM- 5 PM
The CrossFit Workshop: Striking is a single-day immersive experience that teaches participants how to increase overall fitness, core strength, rotational speed and power by incorporating striking drills into CrossFit workouts. Strikes are some of the most functional movements because punching and kicking with true power, speed and accuracy require people to utilize their entire body. This is why fighters are some of the most well-conditioned and powerful athletes in the world.
With this in mind, the Striking Workshop is designed to teach participants to incorporate basic mixed-martial-arts, boxing and self-protection striking concepts into workouts. The course also teaches attendees to program these skills into workouts for greater variance. All this is done in a non-contact format that focuses on proper technique by using shadow boxing, focus mitts, kick shields and a heavy bag.