CLOSED MONDAY, NEW YEAR’S DAY.
Starting on Tuesday, January 2nd, 2018 we will be conducting the 6 Week Best Self Challenge. The Challenge is for brand new people only and will be done during two time spots only: a morning session at 9:30 and an evening session at 7:00. The 9:30 AM and 7 PM will be treated as “Open Gym” time for experienced members for the next 6 weeks. Also, we have added Wednesday morning at 9:30 for the Challenge and Wednesday at 10:30 AM for regular members for the next 6 weeks!
Workout of the Day
1000 meter row
kettlebell swings 24/16 kg
Post your scores to.
The guest list is growing for the After-The Holidays Party on Saturday, January 13th at 8 PM. There will be entertainment, games, food, and beverage. It’s a great time to relax and relate to fellow humans who have the same interests as you. The party will also serve as a celebration of CrossFit Suffolk’s 10TH YEAR ANNIVERSARY! That’s right, in January we will be at this thing of ours for 10 YEARS. As the first CrossFit in Suffolk County and rapidly approaching a new year and our 10-year anniversary, we’d like to share the occasion with as many of you as possible. We hope to see you there! We’re still taking a list of attendees so if you’re not on it, but should be, please let us know. If you have questions let us know. Here are some questions that are frequently asked:
- Can I bring my husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, significant other? Yes, bring them all. Get a sitter for children and pets.
- How should I dress? Wear clothes. Not gym clothes. Casual but neat attire works.
- Will there be a workout? No. Not during the party. Touching equipment or working out is completely forbidden during the party. No exceptions.
- Do we have to bring something? A dish to share is encouraged but not a requirement. If you have a special beverage you enjoy feel free to bring.
- I can’t make it on time can I come late? Yes. We’ve been having this party for the last 8 years. It has never ended before 2 AM.
- Where is it? In the gym. We magically transform the gym into a Great Hall of Celebration. We’ll even turn the heat on.
- Will there be tables and chairs? Yes. I don’t see why such things are necessary but not everyone thinks like me.
CROSSFIT STRIKING WORKSHOP Sunday, February 11th. 8 AM- 5 PM
The CrossFit Workshop: Striking is a single-day immersive experience that teaches participants how to increase overall fitness, core strength, rotational speed and power by incorporating striking drills into CrossFit workouts. Strikes are some of the most functional movements because punching and kicking with true power, speed and accuracy require people to utilize their entire body. This is why fighters are some of the most well-conditioned and powerful athletes in the world.
With this in mind, the Striking Workshop is designed to teach participants to incorporate basic mixed-martial-arts, boxing and self-protection striking concepts into workouts. The course also teaches attendees to program these skills into workouts for greater variance. All this is done in a non-contact format that focuses on proper technique by using shadow boxing, focus mitts, kick shields and a heavy bag.